What is a Cooking Party?
It’s a hands-on, private cooking lesson in the comforts of your own home, led by a certified nutritionist who is wildly passionate about food!
If you are a beginner cook wanting to learn the basics of whole foods-based cooking, or an experienced cook who wants to learn new delicious recipes that are healthy, read on. My cooking parties are a great option to learn firsthand how to fit some wholesome, new recipes in your meal regimen that are easy, delicious and nutritious.
Who is invited
Small groups, 6 or less:
Kids, 11 years or older
What you need
Basic cooking ware
Open curiosity about food
What you get
Personal food prep and cooking advice
Two to three recipes
Nutrition lesson with handout
Nutrition Q & A
…and two to three delicious meals!
How it works, 4 easy steps:
1) First, we discuss why you’d like a cooking party, and identify your individual or group needs.
Too busy to cook – need fast, easy recipes that are reliable;
Food allergies – need wheat-free recipes that will satisfy your taste buds;
Diagnosed with high cholesterol – need wholesome dinner recipes to support reducing cholesterol to prevent need for medication;
Want to provide a fun food experience for you and your friends – yes, the desire to enjoy cooking with friends while learning simple, delicious recipes, absolutely!
2) Next, I will give you some recipe recommendations I think would fit your needs and food preferences.
Some of my clients’ favorites are:
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper-Chickpea Soup
- Black-eyed Peas with Leeks and Greens
- Yellow Dahl Vegetable Stew
- Simple Baked Salmon
- Herb-Baked Chicken
- Rosemary-Garlic Beef Stew
- Garlic Greens Sauté
- Five-Star Hummus
- Gingered Lentil Spread
- Baked Tex-Mex Millet & Amaranth Casserole
- Coconut Quinoa Pilaf
- Roasted Green Beans with Carmelized Red Onions
- Cinnamon-Scented Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- …and many more!
3) After we get the recipes squared away, I email you a shopping list, and you shop for the ingredients.
4) Finally, I show up at your house, and we cook away!